You are planning a trip and you look at travel sites, and the photos of the hotels look absolutely amazing. However, how can you determine which hotel is the right one for you to select for your vacation? Here are a few simple questions that you may want to ask yourself when making the decision.
(1) Where is the hotel located? Is it near things that you will want to do? Often, really wonderful hotels are located “off the beaten path, ” and therefore are inconvienient for those who wish to explore the city or night life.
(2) How many restaurants are located on the property and/or near by? This is essential for those days that you wish to remain close to the hotel and read a book.
(3) Does the hotel décor match what you like and enjoy? Don’t opt for a place that is traditional if you like modern and trendy. Select something that matches your personal taste.
(4) Does it have the services that you may want to use? Is there a spa on the property, golf course,etc. This is so much better than looking about town for these services.
(5) Does the hotel have a dedicated concierge service? It is favorable to have a dedicated person who can direct you to the activities that you wish to engage in, obtain theatre tickets, and secure tables at restaurants.
(6) What do other travelers say about it? Make sure that you check a variety of sites to see what travelers are saying about the property. Don’t just look at the favorable reviews, look closely at the ones that were not so complimentary and determine if the traveler mentioned anything that would be a “show stopper” for you.
(7) Is the hotel within your price range, or are you willing to splurge to have the experience? Sometimes, especially if you are going to be in a city for several days, it is worth it to “try out” a hotel just to see what it is like.
I utilized this approach on my most recent trip to Miami. I often stay at new properties. This time, I stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel, Surfside. I was a bit nervous since this brand is new to the U.S., but I was not disappointed. The hotel is absolutely amazing, and it fulfilled all expectations, including outstanding service, about which I am a stickler. So, having a systemized approach can assist you in meeting your travel taste and needs.
Let me know how it works for you.